Bingo Etiquette Rules and Tips
Every game today has rules and regulations that have to be adhered to in order for us to complete. There are also etiquette rules that establish the dignity of the game. For example it is important to let other players know that you are about to win by shouting bingo to avoid misunderstandings when the game ends. You need to ensure that everyone including the players and the caller hear you so that they can come and confirm. This avoids a situation where more than one person end up winning the same jackpot and thereby split in between them. It is important to familiarize yourself with bingo playing rules as well as etiquette rules before starting to play to ensure you enjoy the game and benefit from it money-wise. It is however good to note that different bingo halls may have different rules.
Tips on Bingo Etiquette Rules
• One of the most common that you may not find in most bingo rule books but is very important is to remain as quiet as possible throughout the game.
• It is also important to identify the seats that have been booked already before sitting as there are players who are very particular about where they seat and you may have to be removed if you are sitting on a booked seat.
• Another etiquette tip that you will have to consider is the repetition of the called numbers as this can be very disturbing for other players.
• Another etiquette rule you need to adhere to is the controlling of kids in case you have come with children. Ensure the kids are engaged in some activity while you are playing to avoid them from interrupting you and others.
• You should also never take out any frustrations you may have on the caller. Here you need to keep in mind that the caller is only doing their job and unless you have a valid reason, you should not blame the caller for any loss.
• The issue of smoking is also another important etiquette issue that needs to be looked into. Here you need to ensure that you know the designated smoking areas and only smoke at the right time.
• Your movement is also one of the etiquette tips that you need to consider as this determines how fun the game can be. Moving in and out of the hall every now and then irritates other players and may make the game drag for long.
• Some bingo halls do not allow players to drink alcohol and if this is the case, you need to ensure that you don’t bring in alcoholic beverages.
• You should also think well and hard before calling bingo as this will stop the game. If you don’t take your time when calling out bingo you may call a wrong bingo and the other players may get irritated having cramped up their cards knowing you have won.